Re: starting with 2.7

From: Rik van Riel
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 07:41:45 EST

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:

I don't pretend that kernel interfaces stay written in stone, for ages. What I would like is that, at least, those interfaces were stable enough, let's say for a few months for a stable kernel series, so I don't have to keep bothering my propietary VMWare vendor to fix the problems for me, since the

How much work are you willing to do to make this happen ? ;)

It would be easy enough for you to take 2.6.9 and add only
security fixes and critical bugfixes to it for the next 6
months - that would give your binary vendors a stable
source base to work with...