Re: [bk patches] Long delayed input update

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 10:19:04 EST

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 15:50:11 +0100, Adrian Bunk <bunk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 01:14:26AM -0500, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> > When I do "make oldconfig" it silently sets SERIO_LIBPS2 to Y if I have
> > either atkbd or psmouse built-in and if both of them are modules it gives
> > option [M/y]. Do you have atkbd or psmouse selected?
>
> As far as I can see, you are correct, and unless you are on !X86 or have
> EMBEDDED enabled SERIO_LIBPS2 is always forced to yes.
>
> But although it doesn't seem to be a problem, I'm wondering why
> SERIO_LIBPS2 is a user-visible option?

LIBPS2 is a mid-level library for accessing a device behing PS/2 port.
Like with CRC library there potentially could be some out-of-tree
moules using it so user has an option of building the library in the
kernel, or as a module, or omitting it.

For the vast majority of users it is selected automatically without any
questions.

--
Dmitry