RE: How to add/drop SCSI drives from within the driver?

From: James Bottomley
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 12:49:03 EST

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 12:25 -0500, Bagalkote, Sreenivas wrote:
> A minor point is that an application should ideally force scan only those
> drives

Yes, it's a bit overkill, but it would work ... it's not like
reconfiguration is something you do every day.

> that it has added. But more importantly, this will not help an application
> to delete
> the drives. Correct?

Well, no, I think that would work under this scheme, too: to delete a
drive, it must already exist, so if you've published the logical number
in sysfs, you can easily find it by logical ID and delete it by host
channel, pun and lun.

James