Re: 2.6.10 TCP troubles

From: Hubert Tonneau
Date: Wed Jan 05 2005 - 11:05:48 EST

Alan Cox wrote:

> Mail agent comments:
> Sending server is suspicious.
>
> On Mer, 2005-01-05 at 12:50, Hubert Tonneau wrote:
> > troubles (probably lost packets on the Mac side because the Linux machine is
> > gigabit connected to the switch, with flow control enabled, and the Mac is
> > 100 Mbps connected, full duplex, but without flow control).
>
> Through a firewall ?

No:

Mac <-> 100 Mbps switch <-> gigabit switch <-> Linux

One possible explaination, even if unlikely, might be that Linux 2.6.10 is
faster than 2.6.8, so the Mac start missing packets.

If you want me to make tests, I can switch back to 2.6.10 at night, perform
tests, and switch back to 2.6.8 before production resumes in the morning.