Re: APIC/LAPIC hanging problems on nForce2 system.

From: Prakash K. Cheemplavam
Date: Wed Jan 05 2005 - 12:22:38 EST

Martin Drab schrieb:

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Prakash K. Cheemplavam wrote:

Martin Drab schrieb:

Hi,

I'm witnessing a total freeze on my system when the APIC and LAPIC are
enabled in kernel 2.6.10-bk7.

Do you know whether your bios already contains the C1 halt disconnect
fix? I couldn't find this line in your dmesg:

Aha! That might be the problem. Because there is still the factory BIOS,
which is F11. I'll try the current F20 when I get home and I'll let you
know.

PCI: nForce2 C1 Halt Disconnect fixup

OK, I'll check it out.

Just to avoid confusion: If your bios does *not contain the fix, the
kernel should fix it and above line should appear. (It does here with
2.6.10) So if it doesn't in your case (and your bios does not contain
that fix), the detection code probably isn't enough. -> This should be
fixed in kernel.

When you use a fixed bios though, above line should not appear, and your
system should be stable.

Prakash