Re: starting with 2.7

From: Chris Friesen
Date: Wed Jan 05 2005 - 14:16:19 EST

William Lee Irwin III wrote:

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 01:30:39PM -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:

You fooled me, most of what I hear from developers sounds like "it's working fine" to me. Linus made it this way, he wants it this way, and if Alan Cox saying it isn't working well doesn't convince him, nothing users say is going to matter.

He did? Message-Id?

What he said was,

"After 2.6.9-ac its clear that the long 2.6.9 process worked very badly. While 2.6.10 is looking much better its long period meant the allegedly "official" base kernel was a complete pile of insecure donkey turd for months. That doesn't hurt most vendor users but it does hurt those trying to do stuff on the base kernels very badly."

Chris