ARP routing issue

From: Jan De Luyck
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 10:49:27 EST

Hello lists,

Sorry to bother you with this probably beat-to-death issue, but I can't figure
out the solution to the problem.

It's perfectly described in this archive thread:

http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/net/0308.1/0071.html

Basically it comes down to this:

I have an IBM server running RH ES, kernel 2.4.9-e.49. It has two interfaces:
eth0 10.0.22.xxx
eth1 10.0.24.xxx

default gateway is set to 10.0.22.1, on eth0.

Problem is, if I try to ping from another network (10.216.0.xx) to 10.0.24.xx,
i see the following ARP request:

arp who-has 10.0.22.1 tell 10.0.24.xx

which, imo, is wrong.

I know it has to do with the default gatway, but I can't devise a way to make
it actually _WORK_.

Any pointers?

Thanks.

Jan
--
No one can feel as helpless as the owner of a sick goldfish.