2.6.x features log

From: Randy.Dunlap
Date: Fri Jan 07 2005 - 13:34:01 EST

I think that people really like the Dave Jones
2.5/2.6 halloween information/update. It contained a lot
of useful info in one place, with pointers to more details.

What I'm seeing (and getting a little concerned about,
although I dislike PR with a passion) is that the 2.6.x
continuous development cycle will cause us (the Linux
community) to miss logging some of these important new
features (outside of bk). Has anyone kept a track of new
features that are being added in 2.6?

I'll keep a list (or someone else can -- DaveJ ?) if anyone
is interested in feeding items into it. Or do distros
already keep such a running list of new features?

For example (and some of these might not be needed here):

- NUMA support and API, including some CPU affinity updates
- hotplug and udev
- security fixes
- better ACPI support, better interrupt routing, MSI support
- faster pipes

Thoughts?

Thanks,
--