Re: Possible GPL Violation of Linux in Amstrad's E3 Videophone.

From: Jonathan McDowell
Date: Fri Jan 07 2005 - 16:59:43 EST

On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 04:59:44PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Gwe, 2004-10-01 at 17:24, Jon Masters wrote:
> > I'm planning to do a review of the E3 so I'll be sure to look in to
> > these issues then.
> Everything I've seen from Amstrad on the subject has ben friendly,
> helpful and clear. I've dealt with a few cases of vendors clearly
> trying to break the rules, but Amstrad is not one of them. They answer
> email, they give clear and honest answers, and the code is out there.
>
> If anyone has a copy of the emailer source btw (or gets one for review
> so has a download option ;)) then it would be nice to stick it up for
> ftp for all.

No one seems to have done this, and the offer Amstrad makes requires the
sending off of £25 to them to cover admin and distribution costs rather
than allowing a download of it. I did this a few days ago so will
hopefully hear from them in the next week or so.

J.

--
"f u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb | .''`. Debian GNU/Linux Developer
n cmptr prgrmmng." -- Simon | : :' : Happy to accept PGP signed