Re: 2.6.10-mm2

From: Benoit Boissinot
Date: Sat Jan 08 2005 - 07:29:29 EST

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 13:43:48 +1100, Dave Airlie <airlied@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > When i launch neverball (3d games), X get killed and I have the
> > following error in dmesg (3d card 9200SE, xserver : Xorg) :
> >
> > [drm:radeon_cp_init] *ERROR* radeon_cp_init called without lock held
> >
> > [drm:drm_unlock] *ERROR* Process 10657 using kernel context 0
> >

> this looks like the agp backend isn't loading, Mike sent me parts of
> your .config but I lost the mail (don't drink and read e-mail...)

if you look at the .config, agp and agp_via are not build as modules.

> make sure that the correct backend for your chipset is loaded (throw a
> complete dmesg my way if you could.... I broke with tradition and
> actually tested -mm2 on my own machine there now and I have a Radeon
> 9200 on an intel agp ...

from dmesg, it looks like agp is correctly loaded.

> Dave.

Actually the error I reported first occurs when X starts, it happens a
second time when I launch neverball (and X get killed).

I attached a dmesg from right after X started, another after neverball
was launched.
output of lsmod and .config are attached to.
Module Size Used by
radeon 67008 0
drm 54548 1 radeon
snd_seq 44688 0
snd_via82xx 20960 0
snd_ac97_codec 67936 1 snd_via82xx
snd_pcm 75400 2 snd_via82xx,snd_ac97_codec
snd_timer 19524 2 snd_seq,snd_pcm
snd_page_alloc 7556 2 snd_via82xx,snd_pcm
snd_mpu401_uart 5760 1 snd_via82xx
snd_rawmidi 17344 1 snd_mpu401_uart
snd_seq_device 6988 2 snd_seq,snd_rawmidi
snd 40056 8 snd_seq,snd_via82xx,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_mpu401_uart,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq_device
soundcore 6880 1 snd
ide_cd 36164 0
cdrom 35424 1 ide_cd
sk98lin 157088 0