X applications don't run with 2.6.10-mm2

From: Andre Eisenbach
Date: Sat Jan 08 2005 - 17:09:30 EST

Andrew, all,

After updrading from linux-2.6.10-rc2-mm3 to linux-2.6.10-mm2, X
windows applications (any) would not start anymore. Not even Xterm.
The X server alone would run, but launching any application resulted
in this error message:

XIO: fatal IO error 25 (Inappropriate ioctl for device) on X server ":0.0"
after 118 requests (115 known processed) with 10 events remaining.

No error shows up in dmesg or the X server log.

According to a post on this site [1], the problem already occured with
2.6.10-rc3-mm1, which I personally didn't try.

I've since switched to linux-2.6.10-ck2 and it works without a problem.

Let me know if you would like me to do any more testing.

Hardware is a AMD 2400+ Notebook with Radeon Mobility (IGP 320) graphics card.

Cheers,
Andre

---
[1] http://www.phaeronix.net/node/25