Re: Open hardware wireless cards

From: Norbert van Nobelen
Date: Sun Jan 09 2005 - 05:00:31 EST

On Saturday 08 January 2005 21:47, you wrote:

> > > Being open doesn't mean you aren't violating some stupid patent.
> >
> > Only in some countries. We can ignore those countries.
>
> Patents on hardware are legal and common in _many_ countries including
> all countries in the EU.
>
> cu
> Adrian

There are several independent designs in the market for these chipsets, but as
far as I know the patents only govern the complete chipset, thus the contents
of the chipset is not to be worried about.
The other patent issue is the 802.11 standard itself. Is that patent free?
(IE: That would be a stupid patent)

--
small to medium business in The Netherlands and Belgium</a>