Re: Conflicts in kernel 2.6 headers and {glibc,Xorg}

From: DervishD
Date: Sun Jan 09 2005 - 07:26:55 EST

Hi All :)

* Tomasz Torcz <zdzichu@xxxxxx> dixit:
> Mainstream distributions use ,,sanitized'' version o kernel
> headers - Fedora has own set, Debian has another, LFS too. For rest
> and for us, casual users, there are headers made as byproduct of
> PLD Linux, which are used since december 2003 (before kernel 2.6
> was even released).

But the set of sanitized kernel headers, if you build your own
software and you're not using a distro, is only available for 2.6.x
kernels, not for 2.4.x kernels. What should be done for 2.4 kernels?
I currently use a set of headers from the 2.4 kernel I used to build
my libc, not the headers from the current kernel I'm running, but I
would like to know anyway.

Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736