Re: 3ware driver (3w-xxxx) in 2.6.10: procfs entry

From: Ricky Beam
Date: Mon Jan 10 2005 - 23:46:32 EST

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Peter Daum wrote:
>On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
>> The change came from the driver maintainer at 3ware. Get the updated
>> tools from their website.
>
>Which website do you mean? The programs in the download section of
>"www.3ware.com" are just the ones that don't work anymore.

Yeap. The "idiot" removed the proc interface from the driver before
publishing the updated tools -- and I said so at the time. At the time
the interface was removed, the new tools weren't available - period. They
are still "beta" today (several months later.)

Just put the procfs code back in the driver in your local tree and
walk away. That's what I did -- but it doesn't look like I commited
it to any BK tree :-( (and that box is *ahem* powered off)

--Ricky