Re: removing bcopy... because it's half broken

From: Bastian Blank
Date: Tue Jan 11 2005 - 05:11:48 EST

On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 12:42:42PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Jan 2005, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > We're building with -ffreestanding now, so gcc isn't allowed to emit
> > any calls to standard library functions.
> Bzzt. It still emits calls to libgcc.

Yes. This means IMHO that the image and every module needs to link
against libgcc to include the required symbols. It is rather annoying to
see modules asking for libgcc symbols.

Bastian

--
It would be illogical to assume that all conditions remain stable.
-- Spock, "The Enterprise Incident", stardate 5027.3