Re: Unable to burn DVDs

From: Laurent CARON
Date: Tue Jan 11 2005 - 14:02:15 EST

Grzegorz Kulewski wrote:

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Laurent CARON wrote:

Jan Engelhardt wrote:

Hello,

I recently upgraded to 2.6.10 and tried (today) to burn a dvd with growisofs.

It seems there is a problem

Here is the output

# growisofs -Z /dev/scd0 -R -J ~/foobar

I remember ide-scsi being broken now since you can use /dev/hdX directly for writing CDs.

doesn't work for me

growisofs -Z /dev/hdc -R -J ~/sendmail.mc
:-( unable to open64("/dev/hdc",O_RDONLY): No such device or address

Do you have /dev/hdc?
Also if you have scsi emulation loaded it (IIRC) eats your normal device. Just try without it.

it is without ide-scsi

Also there is packet cdrw/dvd+-rw driver in kernel now (2.6.10?) that permits you to mount normal filesystem (for example UDF, but FAT or ISO - readonly of course or EXT2 or any other but better for your media without journal) on such device.

I don't want UDF