Re: node_online_map patch kills x86_64

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Tue Jan 11 2005 - 18:50:30 EST

Chris Wright <chrisw@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Backing out the x86_64 specific bits of the numnodes -> node_online_map
> patch and the generic bits from wli, kills my machine at boot.

And with it it included it works? Why do you back it out then?

> It hits the early_idt_handler and dies straight away. What would help
> to debug this thing?

First a bit of information, like what kind of machine, logs etc.
(kernel bug reporting 101, it's not that difficult, isn't it?)

If you have a dual Opteron system and enabled CONFIG_ACPI_NUMA
then numa=noacpi may work. There is a known problem with some
Tyan BIOS. Fix for that is upcomming.

-Andi