Making sys_read to operate only on pipefs

From: selvakumar nagendran
Date: Tue Jan 11 2005 - 23:04:19 EST

Hello linux-experts,
I am intercepting syscalls in kernel 2.4.28. I want
to intercept read system call for the pipefilesystem.
Ofcoure read is a more generic syscall. But while
intercepting it, I have to determine whether this one
operates on a pipe. If it is, I want to perform some
other work, else nothing should be done and the normal
work has to be performed.For this, can I compare the
read function pointer in file operation structure with
the function pipe_read prototype in pipe.c. Is it
possible? If not how can I do that?

Thanks,
selva