Re: [fuse-devel] Merging?

From: Florian Schanda
Date: Wed Jan 12 2005 - 11:00:06 EST

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 14:31, Diego Calleja wrote:
> -It could replace gnome-vfs AND kioslaves by a more generic solution that
> works for all environments

kioslaves such as camera, smb, etc.. are obvious to replace (and this has
already happened from what I can see), and I think are a good idea. We have a
single mountpoint for these things, for example:
/camera/mycamera/picture1.png
/smb/workgroup/computer/share/file.blah

How would you go about replacing a kioslaves which operate "somewhere in the
middle" (i dunno the correct technical term) such as tar? In other words how
would tar:/home/foo/bar.tar.bz2/baz/picture.png work with a FUSE (so
reiserfs4 is not a valid answer to this question) filesystem?

Just some thoughts,

Florian