Re: ieee1394 errors on attempted insmod

From: Randy.Dunlap
Date: Wed Jan 12 2005 - 14:08:24 EST

Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings;

I just bought a Sony HandyCam DCR-TRV460, which has both firewire and usb ports.

But I couldn't seem to open a path to it using usb, so I plugged in an old firewire card that has the TI-Lynx chipset on it. Its recognized (apparently) by both dmesg and kudzu, but although I'd turned on all the 1394 stuff as modules when I got ready to plug the card in and rebuilt my 2.6.10-ac8 kernel, kudzu didn't load any of them, and when I try to, I'm getting "-1 Unknown Symbol in module" errors.

Probably an attack of dumbass, but I'd appreciate any help that can be tossed my way. ATM I'm rebuilding again with the base module built in.

Use modprobe instead of insmod, then there should be a logged message
about what symbol was missing/unknown. Post that.

--
~Randy