Re: inter_module_get and __symbol_get

From: Terence Ripperda
Date: Wed Jan 12 2005 - 14:53:00 EST

it would seem like the old mechanism was preferable, but perhaps I'm
missing something. in this particular case, there are times when a user
wants to avoid using agp at all for testing purposes, but if I
understand correctly, we'll be forced to load agpgart anyways due to
unresolved symbols.

but I think Keith Owens was correct in his larger picture view that
this mechanism is useful for much more than just agp. I'm just
confused why it was regressed from a non-gpl symbol to a gpl symbol
(or more appropriately why the non-gpl symbol was regressed in favor
of a gpl-only symbol).

Thanks,
Terence