Re: [BK] TUN/TAP driver update and fixes for 2.6.BK

From: Max Krasnyansky
Date: Wed Jan 12 2005 - 19:03:07 EST

Jeff Garzik wrote:
Non-technical comments:

1) Please send drivers/net patches to me and netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Ok

2) Consider using the bk-make-sum script (in Documentation/BK-usage/) to generate your summary. This will add a "bk pull " prefix to your BK url particularly, making it even easier to cut-n-paste.
I do use bk-make-sum. A bit hacked version though which does not add
'bk pull' prefix. I'll put it back in if it's useful for folks.

3) Please include a patch in your submission so that list readers may review your changes, not just the BK users.
Anybody can go to bkbits.net and review them. I'd rather not send
patches along with BK stuff, unless that's a new rule or something :).

Technical comments:

2) in your implementation of tun_get_drvinfo(), it may be nice to include the tun/tap interface number in info->bus_info, to differentiate between multiple tun interfaces or multiple tap interfaces.

3) You might consider moving tun_set_msglevel() completely inside TUN_DEBUG ifdef.

4) use of MODULE_VERSION() is recommended
Good points.

Thanks
Max