Re: Linux 2.6.11-rc1

From: Voluspa
Date: Wed Jan 12 2005 - 20:38:44 EST

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:52:38 +0100 Voluspa wrote:

> Yes, tainted. X black screen, no keyboard. Power button to turn off. I
> really don't feel like compiling lots of debug-kernels to chase this,
> unless someone is really interested, which I doubt.

A fyi directed to other users: It was the nvidia module. Xorg nv is
fine. Did a CONFIG_KALLSYMS=y kernel and am attaching the output.

Turning on relevant debugging options in "Kernel hacking" hides the bug
(ie prevents it from happening). Very annoying and is a behaviour I've
seen before with other bugs. The price of kernel complexity, I guess.

--
Mvh
Mats Johannesson