Re: 2.6.10-as1

From: Frank Steiner
Date: Thu Jan 13 2005 - 05:12:21 EST

Andres Salomon wrote

Hi,

I'm announcing a new kernel tree; -as. The goal of this tree is to form
a stable base for vendors/distributors to use for their kernels. In
order to do this, I intend to include only security fixes and obvious
bugfixes, from various sources. I do not intend to include driver
updates, large subsystem fixes, cleanups, and so on. Basically, this is
what I'd want 2.6.10.1 to contain.

Very nice idea! Not only for distributors! Thanks for doing this!
Do you plan to maintain -as only for the latest release, i.e., will
2.6.10-as still be maintained with security fixes even when 2.6.11-as
comes up?

cu,
Frank

--