Re: [RFC] shared subtrees

From: Erez Zadok
Date: Thu Jan 13 2005 - 20:21:04 EST

Al, how do shared subtrees related to stacking? From your description, it
looks like event propagation is similar to what stacking does (pass an op
from one layer to another), only that subtree sharing is for "mount points"
and not for every VFS object. Am I right?

If shared subtrees have nothing to do with stacking, do you foresee them as
perhaps a first step toward full stacking support in the VFS? (I mean, if
we're going to have to hack the VFS heavily already...) Your "p-node"
sounds awfully similar to Rosenthal's and Skinner's "pvnode"s. :-)

Thanks,
Erez.