timer problems on 2.6.x on IBM x306 servers

From: Josh Logan
Date: Thu Jan 13 2005 - 20:37:02 EST

I have had multiple IBM x306 servers loose interrupts. Eventually the
timer will get a few interrupts, but it can stay at the same spot for a
long time.

If I reboot, and then add append=noapic in lilo and reboot again I never
get a problem in the future.

One of the boxes I have has a third NIC and if I use noapic the machine
cannot boot. Is there something besides noapic I should try.

Is there any other information you would like?

jlogan@x306:~$ cat /proc/interrupts
CPU0 CPU1
0: 4604125 0 IO-APIC-edge timer
1: 9 0 IO-APIC-edge i8042