Re: [fuse-devel] Merging?

From: Nix
Date: Fri Jan 14 2005 - 06:39:16 EST

On 12 Jan 2005, Diego Calleja said:
> -Since you can use other programming languages, I suposse it'd be easier for
> people to write support for weird filesystems.

Very weird, since the FUSE C library layer is small enough that if needs
be you can rewrite *that* in other languages as well.

I have plans for a Guile version of the userspace part of FUSE, for
instance, and some filesystems written in Guile: you certainly couldn't
do *that* in the kernel.

--
`Blish is clearly in love with language. Unfortunately,
language dislikes him intensely.' --- Russ Allbery