Re: 2.6.9 & 2.6.10 unresponsive to keyboard upon bootup

From: Matthew Harrell
Date: Fri Jan 14 2005 - 18:15:33 EST

:
: And what if you do not compile PS/2 mouse support in? Is keyboard still
: dead?
:

I also have an inresponsive keyboard and mouse on my laptop with later kernels.
To qualify that more, the same setup used to compile 2.6.10, 2.6.10-mm2,
2.6.10-mm3, 2.6.11-rc1 only gives me a working keyboard and mouse on the
2.6.10 kernel. I can plug in a USB keyboard and mouse and they work fine.
Not sure if it's the same problem as the original author. I just compiled
2.6.11-rc1 with the ps/2 mouse as a module (hoping that forcing it to load
later would help) but that didn't seem to make a difference even though it
looks like the mouse was loaded (by hotplug) after the keyboard should have
been setup. If you want I'll try another in a few minutes without the
mouse entirely. It looks like acpi does detect both keyboard and mouse
controllers. For those interested kernel bootup messages and kernel config
are available here

http://alecto.bittwiddlers.com/files/linux/boot-2.6.11rc1.log
http://alecto.bittwiddlers.com/files/linux/defconfig-2.6.11rc1

--
Matthew Harrell Failure is not an option. It comes
Bit Twiddlers, Inc. bundled with your Microsoft