Accessing runqueue from device driver

From: Dinesh Ahuja
Date: Sat Jan 15 2005 - 06:26:58 EST

Hi All,

I am visulaizing a one of the use of char device
driver.
I need to write a char device which will prompt me by
printing on my pseudo terminal if there is any zombie
element in a runqueue on a specific processor.

Is it possible to keep a track on runqueue through a
function defined in a char device ? If I provied the
information about zombies via /proc filesystem, then a
user needs to read file again and again and would not
be able to keep a constant watch on the zombies. Is it
possible that my char device goes to sleep on a
waitqueue and wakes up's only when a zombies process
is present in a runqueue and then after giving details
of that zombie process, my char device driver again
goes to sleep and wait for new zombies in a runqueue.

Could anyone guide me is the above thought can be
implemented.

Can anybody guide me that how to use this_rq in a
kernel module ? I get following error:

CharRunQueue.o: unresolved symbol this_rq

Including sched.h wonot help as macro is defined in
sched.c. If I include sched.c, then I get lots of
errors which are as follows:
CharRunQueue.o: unresolved symbol immediate_bh
CharRunQueue.o: unresolved symbol timer_bh
CharRunQueue.o: unresolved symbol __switch_to
CharRunQueue.o: unresolved symbol cpu_gdt_table
CharRunQueue.o: unresolved symbol __mmdrop
CharRunQueue.o: unresolved symbol tqueue_bh
CharRunQueue.o: unresolved symbol default_ldt
CharRunQueue.o: unresolved symbol show_trace_task
CharRunQueue.o: unresolved symbol init_timervecs
CharRunQueue.o: unresolved symbol __put_task_struct

Please let me know where I am going wrong.

Regards
Dinesh