Re: 2.6.11-rc1-mm1

From: Daniel Drake
Date: Sun Jan 16 2005 - 11:48:27 EST

Joseph Fannin wrote:
On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 12:23:52AM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.11-rc1/2.6.11-rc1-mm1/

waiting-10s-before-mounting-root-filesystem.patch
retry mounting the root filesystem at boot time

With this patch, initrds seem to get 'skipped'. I think this is
probably the cause for the reports of problems with RAID too.

This seems likely and is probably also the cause of wli's problems mentioned elsewhere in this thread.

I had overlooked the way that initrd's work in that part of the boot sequence. Will investigate.

Daniel