Re: vgacon fixes to help font restauration in X11

From: Alan Cox
Date: Mon Jan 17 2005 - 12:36:51 EST

On Llu, 2005-01-17 at 14:29, Egbert Eich wrote:
> OK, sounds promising. The changed Xserver pieces are in HEAD of the
> X.Org tree. I'll see that I make the necessary adjustments to have
> a soft detection if you can give me a version number of the kernel
> which will have the new features.

Send a copy directly to torvalds@xxxxxxxx and akpm@xxxxxxxx for merging.
It looks fine to me. You'll need to include a "Signed-off-by: .." line
to indicate you are submitting it and have the rights to do so. You can
tag it with "Approved-by: Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxx>".

If you mention you need to know what kernel merges it for the X11 check
I'm sure you'll get an answer.

Alan