Re: iswraid and 2.4.x?

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Tue Jan 18 2005 - 16:16:57 EST

Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:56:21 -0800 (PST), Martins Krikis
<mkrikis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

--- Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Check your inbox from months ago ;-) AFAICS his current version
addresses all the comments from Alan and myself, from when it hit
lkml 6
months(?) ago...

I'll give it another quick lookover though, sure.

Jeff,

As long as 2.4.30 is planned at all, I have no more
worries for the moment. But if so, then please don't
waste your time looking over the current version. In
about a week there should really be another one out.
It will add RAID10, and get rid of the "claim disks
for RAID" mis-feature. I'll let everybody know, of course.

I'm just curious. Is there already a possibility to use
RAID10 metadata in 2.6.x kernels?

Intel or 'md' metadata?

You need dmraid to use the Intel proprietary format. I'm not sure if it supports RAID10 yet, but it supports the other levels.

Jeff