Re: [BUG] MODULE_PARM conversions introduces bug in Wavelan driver

From: Rusty Russell
Date: Tue Jan 18 2005 - 23:00:20 EST

On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 16:47 -0800, Jean Tourrilhes wrote:
> Hi Rusty,
>
> (If you are not the culprit, please forward to the guilty party).

Almost certainly me. We gave people warning, we even marked MODULE_PARM
deprecated, but eventually I had to roll through and try to autoconvert.

> I personally introduced the "double char array" module
> parameter, 'c', to fix that. I even sent you the patch to add 'c'
> support in your new module loader (see set_obsolete()). Would it be
> possible to carry this feature with the new module_param_array ?
> Thanks in advance...

Actually, it's designed so you can extend it yourself: at its base,
module_param_call() is just a callback mechanism.

Thanks!
Rusty.
--
A bad analogy is like a leaky screwdriver -- Richard Braakman