2.6.11-rc1: ACPI keys events: only "arrive" after 8 of them.

From: Romano Giannetti
Date: Wed Jan 19 2005 - 10:46:11 EST

Dear Linux gurus,

this is a minor bug that is puzzling me since my switch from 2.6.7 to
2.6.9 (and continuing with 2.6.11-rc1).

When I press the suspend key on my Vaio FX701, nothing happens. It
should trigger an ACPI event that, caught by acpid, run the suspend
script (which show a confirmation window); and so worked in 2.6.7.

Now, the really strange thing: if I press it 8 times in a row, then the
event arrives. It's as if the events are queued in a 8-depth queue. If
now I cancel suspend, and press another special key, like the
combination to switch video output to the external VGA, all the
"queued" suspend-event do arrive... this happens with the two "display
switch" key, and the "suspend" key. There is no interaction with, for
example, lid close event which works as should.

I'm stymied. If anyone can help me with this, or simply tell me how to
have more data on this, I will try to obtain all the data I can.
I'm using a vanilla 2.6.11-rc1, which config is available here:

http://www.dea.icai.upco.es/romano/linux/config-2.6.11rc1.txt

Thank you in advance,
Romano

--
Romano Giannetti - Univ. Pontificia Comillas (Madrid, Spain)
Electronic Engineer - phone +34 915 422 800 ext 2416 fax +34 915 596 569