Re: VST patches ported to 2.6.11-rc1

From: George Anzinger
Date: Wed Jan 19 2005 - 18:21:40 EST

George Anzinger wrote:
Pavel Machek wrote:

Hi!

I really hate sf download system... Here are those patches (only
common+i386) ported to 2.6.11-rc1.

Good news is it booted. But I could not measure any powersavings by
turning it on. (I could measure difference between HZ=100 and
HZ=1000).

Hmm, it does not want to do anything. threshold used to be 1000, does
it mean that it would not use vst unless there was one second of quiet
state? I tried to lower it to 10 ("get me HZ=100 power consumption")
but it does not seem to be used, anyway:

I wonder if the problem is that we are not disabling the PIT interrupt. I have a PIII SMP system so the interrupt path may be different and the code to stop interrupts may be wrong. The normal system does not admit to stopping the time base so it is possible that this is wrong.

-g

--
George Anzinger george@xxxxxxxxxx