Re: [RFC: 2.6 patch] i386: unexport acpi_strict

From: Len Brown
Date: Thu Jan 20 2005 - 13:49:35 EST

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 13:15, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> I haven't found any possible modular usage of acpi_strict.

I'd prefer to continue to export this flag if that isn't a burden.

The reason is that it is the only way we have to globally tell
the ACPI interpreter and all its (usually modularized) policy
drivers to allow or dis-allow support for platforms that openly
violate the ACPI spec. (By default the flag is clear and is
set explicity with "acpi_strict")

While the ACPI modules in the tree at the moment don't use
this flag, there are other out-of-tree
modules on the way, and they may need it.

-Len