Memory leak in 2.6.11-rc1?

From: Jan Kasprzak
Date: Fri Jan 21 2005 - 11:21:52 EST

Hi all,

I've been running 2.6.11-rc1 on my dual opteron Fedora Core 3 box for a week
now, and I think there is a memory leak somewhere. I am measuring the
size of active and inactive pages (from /proc/meminfo), and it seems
that the count of sum (active+inactive) pages is decreasing. Please
take look at the graphs at

http://www.linux.cz/stats/mrtg-rrd/vm_active.html

(especially the "monthly" graph) - I've booted 2.6.11-rc1 last Friday,
and since then the size of "inactive" pages is decreasing almost
constantly, while "active" is not increasing. The active+inactive
sum has been steady before, as you can see from both the monthly
and yearly graphs.

Now I am playing with 2.6.11-rc1-bk snapshots to see what happens.
I have been running 2.6.10-rc3 before. More info is available, please ask me.
The box runs 3ware 7506-8 controller with SW RAID-0, 1, and 5 volumes,
Tigon3 network card. The main load is FTP server, and there is also
a HTTP server and Qmail.

Thanks,

-Yenya

--
| Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak <kas at {fi.muni.cz - work | yenya.net - private}> |
| GPG: ID 1024/D3498839 Fingerprint 0D99A7FB206605D7 8B35FCDE05B18A5E |