md and RAID 5 [was Re: LVM2]

From: Trever L. Adams
Date: Fri Jan 21 2005 - 14:36:27 EST

Thank you all for having been so kind in your responses and help.

However, there is one more set of questions I have.

Does the md (software raid) have disk size or raid volume limits?

If I am using such things as USB or 1394 disks, is there a way to use
labels in /etc/raidtab and with the tools so that when the disks, if
they do, get renumbered in /dev that all works fine. I am aware that the
kernel will autodetect these devices, but that the raidtab needs to be
consistent. This is what I am trying to figure out how to do.

Thank you,
Trever Adams
--
"A modest woman, dressed out in all her finery, is the most tremendous
object in the whole creation." -- Goldsmith