Re: Fix ea-in-inode default ACL creation

From: Andreas Gruenbacher
Date: Fri Jan 21 2005 - 17:16:31 EST

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 22:36, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:
> Ugh. It feels horrible to have to do this, but we _do_ want to clear
> the raw inode, and we only want to do it once, and we have to do it on
> first access to the on-disk structures. I can't see an easy way round
> it that doesn't add more overhead.

Well, we could split EXT3_STATE_NEW into a "GOOD_OLD_NEW" flag for the
first 128 bytes and a "BIG_INODE_NEW" flag for the rest, and only
initialize the rest in the xattr code when necessary. Not any better it
I suppose. Note that this change has no effect except with default ACLs
anyway.

-- Andreas.