RE: How to add/drop SCSI drives from within the driver?

From: Mukker, Atul
Date: Fri Jan 21 2005 - 17:27:35 EST

All right! The implementation is complete for this and the driver has
thoroughly gone through testing. Everything looks good except for a minor
glitch.

After the new logical drives are created with "- - -" written to the
scsi_host scan attribute, there is a highly noticeable delay before device
names (e.g., sda) appears in the /dev directory. If the management
application tried to access the device immediately after creating new, the
access fails. Putting a 1 second delay helped, but of course this is not a
deterministic solution.

What are the other possibilities?

Thanks
-Atul Mukker