Re: System beeper - no sound from mobo's own speaker

From: Anssi Hannula
Date: Sun Jan 23 2005 - 17:01:55 EST

Stephen Kitchener wrote:
On Sunday 23 Jan 2005 19:50, Sergey Vlasov wrote:
Does "modprobe pcspkr" help? In 2.6.x kernels the PC speaker support
can be built as a loadable module; probably the startup scripts do not
load it automatically.

You know - I've just found that and yes it does help on one system, so I'm 50% better off - just need to find out where to put the command so that it loads it on startup...modules.conf would be it I guess.

Put it on /etc/modprobe.preload

--
Anssi Hannula