Re: 2.6.11-rc2-mm1: SuperIO scx200 breakage

From: Evgeniy Polyakov
Date: Mon Jan 24 2005 - 14:24:16 EST

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 20:05:46 +0100
Adrian Bunk <bunk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 10:23:02PM +0300, Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:
> > On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 19:41:11 +0100
> > Jurriaan <thunder7@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > From: Evgeniy Polyakov <johnpol@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> > > Date: Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 09:43:36PM +0300

> > > lsmod in bugreports giving unspecific results, for example.
> >
> > If you load scx200 from superio subsystem, then obviously you can not
> > use old i2c/acb modules which require old scx200.
> > And vice versa.
> >
> > One needs to load exactly what he wants.
>
> You did not understand what Jurriaan said:
>
> Even if it was working, "lsmod" would not be able to tell which of the
> two modules was loaded.
>
> This would cause much headache for many people.

Module is just a piece of code, or programm if someone may think.
And there no problems when we type
$ ps
and see only "aterm", if someone wants to know what exactly means "aterm",
one can run ps axufw.
And even with the case of lsmod: one can see that scx200 will or will not
depend on superio, and that will explain everything.

> > > Kind regards,
> > > Jurriaan
> >
> > Evgeniy Polyakov
>
> cu
> Adrian
>
> --
>
> "Is there not promise of rain?" Ling Tan asked suddenly out
> of the darkness. There had been need of rain for many days.
> "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
> Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

Evgeniy Polyakov

Only failure makes us experts. -- Theo de Raadt