Re: [Linux-ATM-General] Kernel 2.6.10 and 2.4.29 Oops fore200e (fwd)

From: Mike Westall
Date: Mon Jan 24 2005 - 17:36:21 EST

You could also just revert to kernel 2.4.25 or
earlier. Someone who was apparently oblivious
to the fact that device driver send routines
were "routinely" called in irq context and/or
that it was a <very bad thing> to call schedule()
under such circumstances slipped that one in
sometime between 2.4.25 which is OK and 2.4.28
where it is broken.

In 2.4.25 and earlier it was a simple busy wait loop
in which "goto retry_here;" immediately followed
the "if" statement. This was safe, albeit MP unfriendly
because of the spin_lock()/unlock() on each iteration.

I'd say just delete the if and drop the damn
packet.

At any rate someone who has access to the golden code
should fix this one way or another ASAP because its
definitely seriously broken the way it is now.

Mike

chas williams - CONTRACTOR wrote:
In message <Pine.LNX.4.61L.0501210835270.6993@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,Lukasz Trabinsk