Re: thoughts on kernel security issues

From: J. Bruce Fields
Date: Tue Jan 25 2005 - 15:28:52 EST

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 02:56:13PM -0500, John Richard Moser wrote:
> In this context, it doesn't make sense to deploy a protection A or B
> without the companion protection, which is what I meant.

But breaking up the introduction of new code into logical steps is still
helpful for people trying to understand the new code.

Even if it's true that it's no use locking any door until they are all
locked, there's still some value to allowing people to watch you lock
each door individually. It's easier for them to understand what you're
doing that way.

--Bruce Fields