Re: Memory leak in 2.6.11-rc1?

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Wed Jan 26 2005 - 03:43:08 EST

On Wed, Jan 26 2005, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Jens Axboe <axboe@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > But the 2.6.11-rcX vm is still very
> > screwy, to get something close to nice and smooth behaviour I have to
> > run a fillmem every now and then to reclaim used memory.
>
> Can you provide more details?

Hmm not really, I just seem to have a very large piece of
non-cache/buffer memory that seems reluctant to shrink on light memory
pressure. This makes the box feel sluggish, if I force reclaim by
running fillmem and swapping on/off again, it feels much better.

I should mention that this is with 2.6.bk + andreas oom patches that he
asked me to test. I can try 2.6.11-rc2-bkX if you think I should.

--
Jens Axboe