Re: Fw: How to submit device ID into hid blacklist.

From: linux-os
Date: Wed Jan 26 2005 - 07:22:54 EST

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 dsuljic@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,
I work for 3M Touch Systems (former MicroTouch) as software engineer and
our main product is touchscreen as input device.
Recently, we have released hid compliant devices (they work perfectly under
Windows OS), but Linux hid driver does not support us correctly. In kernel
2.4 hid driver recognizes our devices and tries to interpret events in best
manner, but since we are absolute pointing device it was a bit tricky with
hid mouse on same system. I kernel 2.6 hid core driver grubs our devices
but does not recognize us as hid device. So we decided, for now, to disable
hid driver of recognizing our hid devices.
My question is how can we submit changes to kernel tree.

So why don't you make the appropriate changes to the existing
source code so it supports your device?

Best regards,

Damir Suljic
3M Touch Systems
3M Optical Systems Division
300 Griffin Brook Park Drive
Methuen, MA 01844
978-659-9386
dsuljic@xxxxxxx
www.3Mtouch.com
www.touchshowcase.com

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.6.10 on an i686 machine (5537.79 BogoMips).
98.36% of all statistics are fiction.