how to check the validity of a running daemon on Linux

From: ych43
Date: Wed Jan 26 2005 - 21:45:28 EST

Hi,
Does anybody know how to check the validity of a deamon. which runs on Linux
-platform host . This daemon can save some information in a log file of the
host. I mean that if an attacker compromises this host and gets root access,
he can replace this daemon with a rogue version. Therfefore, the information
saved on the log file is incorrect. So how can I check the validity of the
daemon to show this daemon is correct version and not a rogue version. So I
trust the information saved on the host.
Cheers