Re: i8042 access timings

From: Alan Cox
Date: Thu Jan 27 2005 - 11:23:07 EST

On Maw, 2005-01-25 at 20:37, Lee Revell wrote:
> Seems like a comment along the lines of "foo hardware doesn't work right
> unless we delay a bit here" is the obvious solution. Then someone can
> easily disprove it later.

Myths are not really involved here. The IBM PC hardware specifications
are fairly well defined and the various bits of "we glued a 2Mhz part
onto the bus" stuff is all well documented. Nowdays its more complex
because most kbc's aren't standalone low end microcontrollers but are
chipset integrated cells or even software SMM emulations.

The real test is to fish out something like an old Digital Hi-note
laptop or an early 486 board with seperate kbc and try it.

Alan