Re: Applications segfault on evo n620c with 2.6.10

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Fri Jan 28 2005 - 08:05:51 EST

Hi!

> > It happened for 3rd in a week now...
> >
> > When problem happens, processes start to segfault, usually right
> > during startup. Programs that were loaded prior to problem usualy
> > works, and can be restarted. I also seen sendmail exec failing with
> > "no such file or directory" when it clearly was there. Reboot corrects
> > things, and filesystem (ext3) is not damaged.
> >
> > Unfortunately I do not know how to reproduce it. I tried
> > parallel-building kernels for few hours and that worked okay. Swsusp
> > is not involved (but usb, bluetooth, acpi and sound may be).
> >
> > Does anyone else see something similar?
>
> I have the same laptop and there is no error here.
> However, I remember this laptop was affected by a RAM problem, which
> could cause these symptoms.
>
> More infos here:
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/06/26/hp_ram_recall/

I see... unfortunately this is some strange kind of engineering sample
:-(, and they are no longer replacing the memory.

Does someone still have the application that tests if the flaw is
present? Is there easy way to tell that from markings on the chip?

"korea 253 PC2100S-25330-Z M470L6423DN0-CB0 512MB DDR PC2100CL2.5"

Some sources report that it only happens with C3 -- and I had usb
plugged in, that should result in no C3...

Pavel