Re: OpenOffice crashes due to incorrect access permissions on /dev/dri/card*

From: Richard Hughes
Date: Sat Jan 29 2005 - 08:04:12 EST

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 12:49:16 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Note, that strace glxgears gives exactly the same output, going from 0 to
> 14 and then seg-faulting, so it's *not just a oo problem*.

I know it's bad to answer your own post, but here goes.

I changed my /etc/udev/permissions.d/50-udev.permissions config to read:

dri/*:root:root:0666

changing it from

dri/*:root:root:0660

And oowriter and glxgears work from bootup. Shall I file a bug with udev?

Richard Hughes

--

http://www.hughsie.com/PUBLIC-KEY